Oh my goodness, I LOVE this perfume! I feel ridiculously sexy every time I put it on. When I first smelled Versace “Crystal Noir” Eau de Toilette I thought, hmmm, this smells different….in a good way??…..YES IN A FABULOUS WAY! This is my going out, wearing a hot outfit, and the spritz on my wrist is the icing on the cake (whether or not I’m the only one smelling it:)
However, this is really only a nighttime fragrance. I believe you need at least 3 scents: warm weather daytime, anytime, and nighttime. So here’s what I wear (per Claudine’s request):
- Jo Malone Honey Suckle & Jasmine, warm weather daytime scent, $50 for the small bottle. I love this scent because it’s light, refreshing, and isn’t too girly. And I like how you can mix and match her scents to make your own.
- Roberto Cavalli Serpentine Perfume, anytime but mostly colder days and not so dressy nights, on sale at Amazon.com for $30 off. I like this scent because it’s sophisticated and not in your face but pleasant.
- And of course the Versace for feelin good! Also on sale at Amazon, click pic.
Other classics I still like:
- Michael Kors
- Marc Jacobs Essence Eau de Parfum
- L’eau d’Issey by Issey Miyake
- Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
I highly suggest staying away from anything Victoria Secret, Bath and Body Works, etc. And I do suggest, if you’re into it, attempting to have your own made, that always looks like fun!
BTW, I HATE VANILLA!! Vanilla perfume, candles, body spray, not me. Might be you, but like lavender, it’s such a tired fragrance. (although men seem to have some strange attachment to vanilla, possibly why I’m singe??)
These are just opinions, wear what you love, try what I like, OR discover something new. I try not to get in a fragrance rut.
As far as relaxing scents for oils and lotions (in place of lavender) try Sage (so yummy) Eucalyptus, Rose, Jasmine, or Chamomile.