I really don’t understand why women wear high heels to work, or walking around NYC. It’s so uncomfortable. For daytime, I’m always in flats: ballet flats, loafers, flip flops, or Uggs. Living in LA I wore heels during the day because I was in and out of my car, but in NYC, my feet would be dead by noon.
Per usual me, I like flats that are a little funky, maybe woven or python. And I’m actually more into loafers right now (saw the cutest pair the other day on my day out of the house, but of course I can’t remember the brand). I wouldn’t do loafers to work, only casual.
Here are some suggestions for ballet flats:
- Chanel, their ballet flats are a classic and will never be out
- Roger Vivier
MIDDLE OF THE ROAD:
- FrenchSole.com is a British brand that has the BEST ballet flats in so many different unique colors and textures. There are a couple London Soles (same as French Sole) stores and one French Sole in NYC.
- Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent
- Delman or the same in black
- Sam Edelman. This pair would be good for work. They also come in python.
- Payless. I actually have this pair, so comfy and cute for $18!
- Tommy Hilfiger patent loafers
My suggestion would be to get a basic pair in black, silver, or gold, something that goes with everything. Then I would also get a funky pair in yellow or another bold color or exotic skin that will make them pop. No Tory Burch and no knockoffs.