FUN FACTS ABOUT ZARA
In today’s Wall Street Journal, we learn some interesting info about Zara!!
- Zara is owned by Inditex SA, which is second only to Gap in worldwide sales
- Despite the fact that consumerism is dropping, Zara is expanding their operation by making their manufacturing, distribution, and in-store strategies more efficient
- New collections are brought into the stores twice a week, and because there aren’t many of each item, it makes them seem “exclusive” unlike H&M that mass produces each item
- Each collection often sells out
- Zara is setting an industry standard for expansion and efficiency even with major labels (Gucci, LV, etc) that now ship in new designs quicker
- At the headquarters in Spain, sales of each piece are monitored, designers create new things according to the sales, and window displays are created on a mock storefront that is on a life-size street
For more details, click the pic to read the article.