I have gotten many requests for my workout playlists. If I’m at the gym lifting weights or on the treadmill, I shuffle all of my rock, hip hop, and pop songs. To teach spin, I plan out a specific playlist to guide the workout. Below is the list I used for my hour class yesterday.
- Get It Poppin’, Fat Joe
- Who Knew, Pink
- Bring ‘Em Out, T.I.
- First Time (not sure of the artist)
- Holding Out For A Hero, Frou Frou
- Buttons, PCD
- I Don’t Want To Be In Love, Good Charlotte
- Elevator, Flo Rida
- Rich Girl, Hall and Oates
- Take You There, Sean Kingston
- 4 Minutes, Madonna and Justin T
- Jump, Madonna
- High Road, Fort Minor
- By the Way, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Nothing Left to Lose, Mat Kearny
I always use songs that people know so they can sing along (whether it’s out loud or in their head). The beat of the music keeps my riders’ pace at a certain speed. For the riders, the songs serve as a distraction to let their mind wander from the stress in their life and the effort they are putting into the ride.