STYLE ON A BUDGET
It’s not easy being trendy and thrifty at the same time. THE TRICK: you have to really learn to mix the designer/quality basics with trendy/cheap pieces. This goes for you too guys.
We all know where to find the good stuff, so here are my suggestions for bargain shopping.
- The usual suspects: Loehmann’s , Marshall’s, Ross, TJ Max, Target. Yes, you CAN find fashionable piececs here, but you have to take the time to look and think outside the box. My mom taught me how to divide and conquer in these discount department stores.
- Cheap and chic: Forever 21, H&M, Zara. Just stay away from shiny fabrics.
- Designer Resale and Thrift Stores: Another place you’ll have to spend a little bit of time sifting. Check out your local city guide for the best spots in town.
- Wait for the Sale: The retail industry is struggling right now, so take advantage. AND, the warm weather isn’t leaving anytime soon, so the first fall delivery will go on sale soon. Just be patient!
- Online: Everything is cheaper online. Try these sites: Bluefly, Ebay, Overstock….Honestly, I hate online shopping.
- Online Sales: My favorite new site/service is ShopItToMe. You sign up with all of your sizes and favorite brands, and it sends you all sale items that fit you from the web. Super simple!
Hope this helps!