SECOND ROUND: DELUXE TURKEY BURGER
Just because a burger is healthy doesn’t mean it has to be devoid of flavor and boring…or pretty. I’m not very good at pretty in the kitchen. At dinner parties, my table decoration is beautiful; the food comes on pretty china as to mask the sometimes unsightly presentation :)
For the burger, you will need:
- Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 Onion
- Whole Grain bread/bun
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grape seed Oil (my choice)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Worstchester sauce
Here’s how I do it up:
- Combine ground turkey breast, chopped onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder in one patty about the size of your hand. (Optional: a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce)
- In a pan, sautee the rest of the onion (not diced, just sliced) in a 1/4 teaspoon of oil. Set aside.
- Pour a little oil in pan, the heat on Medium low. Cook patty for about 3 minutes on the first side, then at least 5 minutes on the other. It really all depends on the size. Cut into patty to see if the middle is still pink. If it is, cover the pan for a couple minutes and check again.
- While patty is cooking, toast break and cut only 1/4 of avocado. Save the rest. In a bowl, mush up avocado with a teaspoon of pesto.
- Put patty aside and heat sliced sun-dried tomatoes and onions in the pan.
- Spread avocado/pesto mixture on toast.
- Make sandwich
I usually don’t eat all of the bread, but it helps keep it all together. In fact, my patty was a little thick so Mase helped me finish it off.
For desset: a few bites of a Whole Foods Vegan Oatmeal Raisin cookie. I am stuffed!