On today’s TMI Weekly, I offer some tips on how to be festive without looking like a Sunday school teacher. Julia would have us all in matching Santa sweaters for this episode, but I tied her up before the shoot. Somehow she snuck one in though.
As far as overall tips go, here are my suggestions:
- Festive does not mean red, green, or blue.
- Use bold colors and metallics to stand out
- Sequins yes, sequins in the shape of Santa or reindeer NO
- If you don’t like dresses, nice slacks with a ruffle or sequin blouse is acceptable
- You do have the green light to be a little “louder” than usual (bigger jewelry, hair pieces, gloves, etc) but try not to take it over board.
I can type it out, but it’s much more fun to watch :)