YOUR FAVORITE AFFORDABLE WINES
-Frey Wine (Cabernet and “Natural Red”) “Whenever people come over and have this [organic] wine, they are in super wine heaven.” — Sheila
–Kendall-Jackson (Cab & Malbec) and Coppola (Claret & Zin) “I also take chances on wine at Wine.Woot…amazing bottles delivered at cheap prices” —Eddie
-Reader Katie seems to know her wine!
Bonny Doon Pacific Rim Dry Riesling – “a go to for a night on the couch. Very refreshing. I think around $12 or so.”
“Iron Horse Cuveé – I don’t know the price, but I think it was $68 @
the restaurant I was at, and the typical markup is 300%. A
fantastic bottle, A sauvignon blanc-viongnier blend. Yummy!”
I love Pinot Noir: Sass vineyards, Wintess Tree, Robert Sinsky are great bottles.
Tandem “Peloton” – ”a blend out of California and is fantastic. It’s a perfect wine.”
Trimbach Gewürztraminer – “is a good, less expensive, one to try.”
Austin Hope Roussanne (central coast)
Gruner Vetliner – ”I’ve never come across one I didn’t like”
L’ecole #41 Semillion (Columbia Valley, WA)
Macon Lugny “les charmes” (Burgundy) – very good all around solid white.
J.M. Boillot Montagny 1er cru, Burgundy. I love this wine. Can’t go
—Ravenswood Zinfandel or 7 Deadly Zins — Amanda
—Chateau St Michelle Riesling and Dr Frank Konstantin Dry Reisling – “For cleaner more citrusy flavors” — Amanda
Here are mine!
- Barefoot anything (obviously)
- La Crema Chardonnay– it’s the best affordable chardonay I know
- La Crema Pinot Noir – More medium bodied than most pinots with a good amount of fruit. Goes amazing with steaming hot chocolate cake (Megan can attest to that)
- Santa Margherita Pinot Girigio – light and very crisp for a hot summer day
- Zaca Mesa Chardonnay – one of my favorite steals from Santa Ynez region
- Yalumba Viogner – a light wine from Down Under (@Whole Foods)
- I love trying new pouilly fuisses and pouilly fumes for a change from Chardonnay
I know I’m forgetting a few…