WHAT ARE YOU UP TO MARY?
Reader Julia wrote in the comment section of my BBQ post):
“There are just those little strings that aren’t connecting and we as your readers are curious about them. When is the move to LA? What exactly is in NC for you? Did Julia & co. make you sign a confidentiality form that prevents you from talking about nonsociety, for reals?”
I’ll be completely honest with you Julia. I don’t always want you to connect all of the strings. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy sharing my life with you, but there has to be some level of privacy. Here’s my policy, which perhaps needs explaining: I give you all of the information you need to know to trust my posts and relate to my life.
If I blogged it all, you wouldn’t be able to keep up. I hardly can. For example, in this last month, I’ve been:
- Creating and formatting a new website
- Developing concepts and sponsorships for TMI in Houston
- Researching, hosting, and distributing video content for the Streamy Awards with Kodak in Los Angeles
- Pitching new web series in LA
- Wardrobing TMI in 3 cities
- Shooting over 12 episodes of TMI in NY
- Launching a new website on 0 hours of sleep
- Continuing to work out
- Finding a free night to have a few too many cocktails with friends and chastising lame bloggers on voicemails
- Organizing a garage sale to sell everything I own in New Canaan to start fresh in LA
- Planning a BBQ with friends from NYC
- Writing quality content
- Commuting by plane, train, subway, car, bus, and of course my own two feet
Whew. It’s just hard to get that all on a blog, ya know. Plus, from all of your comments it seemed you wanted more meat and less of me. I love reading your feedback and answering your questions more than I like writing solely what I am passionate about. I can’t believe I’m going to write this cheesy line, but it’s actually true…this blog is more than just Mary.
And as for NonSociety….there is no NDA. Julia and I can go at it anytime we want (and ask Meghan, we do), but that has no place online. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m a pretty positive person and plan to keep the content of my blog uplifting and entertaining. And honestly, do you really care? Jules and I are friends until the end. I love her despite the tutus as she embraces me in all of my brutal honesty.
Ok, I think you’re all up to speed. If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on the blog and I will answer honestly.
(Photo by Andrew Flavin – I really never knew how handy these photos would be! Continuing the full disclosure, in this pic you see my short double soy latte, 3G iPhone with pretty purple Speck case, and unmanicured nails)