This week I want you to focus on each exercise as if it was for the purpose of strengthening your core. In other words, we’re gonna shrink your waistline without a single crunch.
Yeah, you heard me.
By pulling your abs in while performing exercises for other muscle groups you are:
- Keeping good posture and supporting your back
- Maintaining proper form for the movement
- Strengthening your core
- Taking inches off your waist
You should be doing this anyway, but sometimes we forget these little things while we’re exerting so much energy and focus elsewhere.
So here’s what you’re going to do:
- Stand up straight.
- Suck in your abs.
- Hold that position comfortably and breath normally.
- Take a big inhale.
- As you exhale, pull you abs in more.
- Hold and breath.
- Begin the exercise.
Try it. Actually, just do it. Every day. Even just sitting in your car or at your desk. You’ll find it’s difficult to hold but will tighten your tummy and improve your posture.