BAT WINGS BE GONE – Tricep Dips
“Breaking Down The Workout” — By Francesca Meccariello
The question most of my clients ask most this time of year is, “How can I tone up my arms and get rid of these bat wings?” It happens every summer!
A simple tricep dip is one of the best ways to tone up the back of your arms without any equipment outside of the gym. Do them at home or even at your desk, all you need is a sturdy chair.
Let’s break it down-
Place the balls of your hands next to your butt on the side of the chair/bench.
- Level 1 – Knees bent, feet flat on the ground.
- Level 2 – Legs straight, heels on the ground
- Level 3 – Legs extended on another bench
- Advanced – Legs extended, feet on a Swiss ball.
- Engage your core.
- Bend your elbows to a 90 degree angle
- Straighten and repeat for desired reps
- Keep your butt close to the bench
- Maintain a straight spine.
- Relax your shoulders away from your ears
- Inhale going down and exhale as you straighten your arms.
Do at least 3 sets of 15.