Goodbye B Thigh! – Hamstring Press
“Breaking Down The Workout” — By Francesca Meccariello
Let’s face it we’d all love a natural perky butt. We want to get rid of the B-Thigh. That would be where your butt starts to blend with your hamstrings. The exercise I have chosen this week is a stability ball hamstring curl. This exercise is not isolated only to the hamstrings. By using a stability ball you must also engage your core and it will help strengthen your glutes, hamstrings, calves and lower back.
The Set Up:
- Lie face up on the floor with the your heels on the stability ball
- Arms by your sides
The Hamstring Curl (3 sets of 15)
- Engage your abdominals
- Lift your body up into a bridge that forms a straight line from shoulders to feet
- Keeping your hips up pull the ball in toward your butt using your heels
- Let the ball roll back out straightening your legs
- Remain in the bridge (hips up) for desired repetitions
- Advanced – do it with one leg lifted off the ball for desired reps the switch legs.
- Maintain a straight line from your shoulders your feet and stabilize before you begin.
- Exhale as you straighten your legs
Alternatives to the Swiss Ball:
- Wood floor – use a towel under your feet sliding it in and out.
- Carpet – put magazines under your feet.
Be sure to stretch your hamstrings and calves afterwardsTweet this!