Cardio Circuit Workout
“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
Ok so here is the quick, fun body weight circuit of exercises I promised.
Do the following circuit of 8 exercises with NO rest between the exercises then rest for 1min and repeat for 3-5 rounds. Your heart rate will get up there and you will become stronger and more flexible. It is great to do this if you are pressed for time or traveling or in the park with no equipment.
There are a couple of ways of doing this.
Option 1: Do each exercise for 30-45 seconds
Option 2: Do each exercise for a certain number of repetitions* (10-30) depending on your exercise level.
- Jumping Jacks
- Prisoner lunges-Alternating forward lunges with your hands behind your head
- Spidermans- while in a push up position alternate bringing your foot to the outside of your hand
- Push ups- doing them on your knees is ok. Maintain a strong/tight core. NO head diving or back sagging
- Knee ups- jog in place getting your knees up high in front of you
- Prone plank* (hold for 30-45 seconds)
- Squat jumps