Swiss Ball Leg Lifts
Francesca’s Swiss Ball pike might be a little too challenging on your upper body and/or back.
Here’s an intermediate alternative crunch using the swiss ball.
- Grasp the ball (the bigger it is the harder it will be) tightly between your feet.
- Place your hands under your lower back if you need them for support.
- Engage your abs by pulling your navel towards your spine and then flatten your back to the ground.
- Abs always in. Back always flat.
- Breathing is important to get deep into your core.
- Start with your legs perpenticular to the floor.
- SLOWLY lower your straight legs to the floor.
- Pause when your feet are 2 inches from the ground.
- With your abs, pull you legs back up. As your raise them, exhale strongly and pull your abs in tighter.
- Level 1 – shoulders against the ground and only lower your legs to 45 degrees
- Level 2 (pictured) – raise your shoulder blades off the floor
- Level 3 – your hands go straight behind your head and grab the ball from your feet. Lower down with the ball in your hands, then pass it back to your feet.