Sitting in bed next to me this morning is my longtime friend Lauren visiting from Dallas. I asked if she had any recipes she wanted to share on this Foodie Fun Thursday, and she responded with her highly acclaimed Stuffed Mushrooms. It’s a one-pot wonder!
- White button mushrooms
- Old London’s “Seasoned” Breadcrumbs (not Italian)
- Green onions, chopped
- Half and half
- Cooking Sherry (good quality makes a difference)
- Parmesan or Swiss cheese, shredded (again, good quality)
- Butter (or EVOO or Grape seed oil)
- Cookie sheet
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Wash mushrooms, scoop out the stems, and chop up the stems.
- Sautee chopped stems and green onions in the butter, slowly adding in the cooking sherry.
- Add in bread crumbs slowly.
- It will become a “thick, gooey mess, like dough.” So add in some half and half to liquefy.
- Arrange mushroom caps on cookie sheet and fill with stove top mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.