As you know I’m a huge fan of the BluePrint juices and Organic Avenue smoothies – for a cleanse, or just daily drinking. Although both offer shipping, I wanted to find a West Coast option for us to enjoy.
Via Vital Juice (which if you aren’t on their mailing list, click the link asap!), I found Red Carpet Cleanses which offers a 3 day juice cleanse and a 5 day raw food diet cleanse. SCORE! They offer the best of both worlds: juices, smoothies, and complete meals.
Actually, this is my first cleanse of the year. Where has the time gone??!
As I want to completely hit the restart button to refresh my eating habits and fitness program, I am choosing the 3 day juice cleanse followed by 3 days of raw food.
This will help me do several things:
- Cleanse out all of the crap I’ve been consuming during the summer
- Decrease my appetite back to normal (I eat enough for a small village these days)
- Curb my sugar craving (when you only eat natural sugars, processed sugar tastes too sweet and almost unappetizing. Notice I said ALMOST.)
- Cut back on bread and eat more whole grains
Like BluePrint, there are 6 freshly squeezed juices for one day. Here’s a sample menu:
- Electrolyte Lemonade (water, lemon, pear, sea salt, flax oil)
- Ace of Blades Green Juice (cucumber, kale, apple, cilantro, super foods and probiotics)
- RawStar Smoothie (soaked almonds, banana, kale, mango, almond butter, cinnamon, sea salt, water)
- Some-Tang (carrot, lemon, apple, bee pollen)
- Ace of Blades
- Liquid Churro (water, cashew milk, coco oil, cinnamon, maca, lucuma, sea salt)
Usually the green juices have celery in them, but September (the founder of RC), kindly removed it. You see before you start a RC cleanse, they ask you to fill out a questionnaire for your personal tastes and medical status. They want to make sure that each cleanse is tailored to your needs. Very cool!
Thus far, I’ve tried the lemonade and it’s really good. There seems to be ginger in it as well, which definitely helped open my eyes this morning.
I’ll keep you updated on the flavors and effects. September is also referring me to a spa for a colonic as well (it’s part of the process!).
**Red Carpet is providing juice cleanse gratis. I am not obligated to write about it, but of course I will!