Constructing My Look
This is by far and away my favorite ensemble of the year…In fact, I haven’t really gotten this dressed up since the opening of the Met last year (Remember that Gustavo Cadile gown?!!).
Head to Toe:
- Hair by me!
- Erica Courtney ruby and diamond earrings on diamond huggies*
- Makeup by Carla at Chanel at Neiman Marcus Houston
- Eyelashes by Shu Uemera (in Luxe Brown $20)
- Dress by Herve Leger*
- Erica Courtney ruby and diamond ring*
- Erica Courtney diamond and rose gold bracelet*
- YSL shoes
- See a close up here
I’d also like you to meet Benji Homsey, President of the Zaza Development Group, who, along with CEO Charlie Givens, is responsible for the “almost mystical, always memorable” Zaza hotels. Together they’ve created a luxury ambiance you can feel comfortable in. Benji is quite a man of style himself – check out his bright pink paisley Hermes pocket square!
THE SECRETS TO MY LOOK:
- Hair – Usually I like having my hair done, but on this particular day I didn’t have the time. So, if you’re rushed, I suggest always opting for an up-do. Too many things can go wrong if you leave your hair down, and it takes a lot of time to make it look finished.
- Makeup – Wow, there’s a lot to cover here, so I’m writing a separate post (click here).
- Jewelry and Dress – I am very fortunate to be able to borrow pieces for big events where I will photographed and in the company of potential buyers (retail and personal). In terms of style, I always say keep it simple. Sexy in these situations is being sophisticated and elegant, not showing off all of your assets. Here, I chose to hug my figure with a signature Herve Leger dress so that my Erica Courtney earrings could really shine. The back is open on the dress, but there are no other eye-catching qualities to the ensemble (cleavage, leg, shoes, purse, etc).
- Shoes – I think shoes is one of the best style investments you can make these days. They really complete an outfit, and with all of the sales, you can get some showstoppers for around $400.
More to come on the dinner and hotel later this week.
(* – borrowed item.)