Delicious Dish — Super Simple Spaghetti Squash
On Tuesday night, when I asked Lev to pick up butternut squash, she came home with spaghetti squash. Totally a mistake I would have made too!
Without hesitation, Ness (aka chef Schnarf) was able to cook it right up. And we were pleasantly surprised to see that it actually looks and tastes like spaghetti. (I know, I know, but neither Leven or I grew up around a lot of veggies.)
Here’s how Ness did it:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut it in half length wise (You need a big sharp knife).
- Scrape out the seeds
- Cover a cookie sheet in foil.
- Place squash rind up on sheet.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Take a fork and pull squash from stem to bottom.
- Season, mix with veggies, apply sauce, do whatever your little heart desires.
You can put it in the microwave too and just heat that baby up until it’s tender.
It’s the perfect base for all of your fall meals!