Moutain Climber Push Up
“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
This exercise works your shoulders, chest, obliques and legs and builds endurance. It also gets your heart rate up for an added cardiovascular benefit. Perform this exercise in between weight lifting reps to keep your heart rate up.
- Begin in a push up position with wrists directly under your shoulders (or a little wider to make it easier).
- Maintain a straight line from your head to talibone throughout the movement
- Release your shoulders so they aren’t scrunched around your head.
- Engage your abs.
- Perform a push up.
- Inhale down/exhale as you push up.
- Once back up in the plank quickly bring your right then left foot in toward your chest and back kind of like you’re jogging.
- Exhale as your knee comes up toward your chest.
- Repeat- push up mountain climber for desired reps.
- Keep your abs tight.
- Butt stays in line with your back. Don’t let it sag.
- Body is always parallel with the floor. No head diving!
Modifications would be to perform the push up on your knees then lift knees to perform the mountain climber.
Do 8-10 reps superset with 25 jumping jacks for 1-3 sets depending on your own fitness level.Tweet this!