Go For The Gold! – My Favorite Fall Eye
You don’t have to spend a week in Mexico to be a bronzed beauty this fall. I’ve been talking a lot about going back to brown for my lids so I thought I’d show you how I do it.
As you can see, there are A LOT of products in this picture, but once you get the hang of it, you can apply it all in minutes. Plus, it’s a nighttime, going-out-on-the-town eye, not something you would apply for the office. Although, because the base is neutral, you can easily transition from a daytime natural eye to this more dramatic look.
- Eve Pearl Palette – Au Natural (left)
- Chanel Les Quatre Ombres – Reflets D’Ombre
- Brushes (from Sephora, Perscriptives, and…?)
- Revlon Lash Fantasy Mascara in Black
- YSL Volume Effect Mascara in Fascinating Violet
- Mac’s Fluidline Eyeliner
First of all, you need to apply a thin coat of foundation or concealer over your lids. Don’t powder, now pair the brush with the shadow and follow the steps below.
- Highlight under the eyes.
- Golden your lid. (Unless you are going super dramatic, keep lids light.)
- Use a neutral color (with or without shimmer) to fill in between lid and under-brow highlight.
- Darken the crease (on the bone) with a medium-dark color.
- Go even darker at the outer corner of the eye with a matte color.
- Line eyes with a thin black line.
- Intensify liner with a color (hunter green). Wet liner brush with a little water (or your tongue, I know, but that’s how I do it) then load brush with shadow. Make sure to gently wipe away shadow that falls under your eye.
- Mascara. White primer, then apply a little YSL on upper lashes, and fill in the rest with black. Purple will make light eyes pop!
Go lighter or darker as you see fit. The colors are great for daytime if you go lighter and skip the green.
Pair with a neutral, coral, or red lip and you’re good to go!
(Full Disclosure: I paid for all product with the exception of Eve Pearl palette.)