Upright Row + Squats
“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
This is another big bang exercise that works your legs, rear deltoids, biceps, triceps and core.
The Set Up:
- Set a handle up at the lowest end of a cable column machine.
- Set the weight so that you can comfortably perform 12-15 reps per side.
- Grab onto the handle with your right hand.
- Stand with your feet about hip distance apart, toes pointed straight ahead so feet are parallel to each other.
- Stand tall, take a deep breath and draw your navel in toward your spine.
- Keep your arm fully extended with palm facing down as you perform a squat.
- Exhale as you begin to stand while pulling the cable up so that your elbow bends to approximately 90 degrees and upper arm is parallel to the floor.
Perform 12-15 reps per side for 2-3 sets. You can superset this exercise with sets of push ups.
- Avoid bending your wrist.
- Don’t bend forward.
- Keep your abs tight.
- Press through your heels.
(MR note: I’m doing this tomorrow. Great combo that will really help my posture and barely there bottom at the same time!)Tweet this!