Delicious Dish – Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
The recipe below makes 2 small servings from 1 sweet potato so it’s perfect when you’re cooking for yourself to have a night catching up on Gossip Girl and watching Leven on Grey’s.
1 medium sweet potato, cut length-wise
2 tsp. EVOO
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 medium zucchini diced
1 can of beans, drained and rinsed (I used Borlotti Beans)
Here’s What You Do:
- 1. In a preheat oven place the sweet potato w/ 1 tsp of EVOO over each half at 200/400.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the middle is soft
- While they sweet potatoes are roasting, in a frying pan melt down the spread over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and zucchini and sauté for about 5 minutes, until soft
- Salt and pepper (I used about 1tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of better)
- Add the can of beans and cook for about five minutes (may need to add a hint of water)
- When the sweet potatoes are soft in the middle, scoop out the middle and place into the bean mixture.
- Mash down the beans with the sweet potatoes a bit with a fork.
- Spoon the ‘guts’ back into the shells of the potatoes and place into a reduced heat oven, 180/350, for about 10 minutes.