Squat + Raise + Row
“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
Here is another combination upper/lower body exercise that will challenge you cardiovascularly as well!
The Set Up:
- Find a moderate weight dumbbell anywhere from 3-10lbs depending on your strength level.
- Stand in a proper squat stance with feet hip distance or slightly wider apart.
- Engage your abs.
- Keep your chin parallel to the floor
- Hold a dumbbell with one hand centered between your legs.
- Standing tall inhale as you squat down
- Push through your heels to stand exhaling as you perform a front dumbbell raise
- Squat again and as you stand exhale as you perform an upright row bringing your elbow towards the ceiling.
- This is one repetition.
- Advanced version: come up onto your toes as you stand to engage your calves if you can maintain proper form.
- Look forward throughout the exercise with abs engaged.
- Exhale as you come up to stand each time.
Do 10-12 reps (20-30 squats) then quickly switch the dumbbell to the other hand and repeat for another 10-12 reps on the other side. Do 2-3 sets.Tweet this!