“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
This move challenges your balance, speed and quickness while working your core, legs, hips and glutes. Please note, this is an intermediate exercise. You need to have a strong core to perform the movement safely.
The Set Up:
- Be sure you have done a dynamic warm up to engage your nervous system prior to performing this intermediate/advanced exercise.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart holding a light medicine ball at your waist.
- Retract your shoulders and engage your abdominal complex.
- Step your left leg back into a straight leg lunge as you rotate your upper body with medicine ball toward the right leg.
- As you step your left leg back up, drive your knee forward until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Rotate your upper body/medicine ball toward the up (left leg).
Repeat for 12-15 reps then switch sides. Do 2-3 sets.