Delicious Dish — Eggplant Parmesan
Do your man a favor and sneak him a veggie meal this weekend! You know he’ll love it.
“Lazy Sunday…Dinner”- Eggplant Parmesan with Spinach, Mushrooms and Onions
On Sunday nights, I’m never in the mood to make too much of a mess in the kitchen, but I’m also not one to just settle for leftovers. So last night I got in the mood for eggplant and decided to make a quick and easy eggplant parm.
What You Need (Feeds 2):
1 Small-Medium Eggplant (Sliced thin- lengthwise)
1/2-3/4 Cup Ricotta
1 Cup Frozen Spinach (cooked and drained)
1/2 Pkg. Baby Bella Mushrooms (Sliced)
1/2 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning (to taste)
2 Cups Tomato Sauce
Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
Set Oven to 400 degrees Convection.
1. Place the sliced eggplant on a greased cookie sheet and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until eggplant has become tender and relatively dried out. Then remove from oven and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a greased saute pan on low-medium heat. Add in the onions and cook until tender (do not let them brown). Then add the mushrooms and allow to cook until tender as well.
3. Then, in a small bowl, combine the mushroom mixture with the ricotta and about 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Season with Italian seasoning, salt/pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
4. Next, grease a casserole dish. Pour just a small amount of tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan. Next, take a piece of eggplant and spoon a small amount of the cheese mixture onto the eggplant then place it in the casserole dish (cheese side up). Pour a small amount of tomato sauce on top. Repeat until you have about 4 layers. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on the top layers.
5. Place casserole dish in oven for about 20 minutes. At the last 3 minutes, turn the oven onto broil and allow the cheese to crisp.