“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
This advanced full-body, multi-joint exercise will work your legs, glutes and rotator cuff. Great for increasing shoulder joint mobility and improving your postrure.
It is much more challenging than it looks! Make sure to check your form in the mirror.
The Set Up:
- Use a cable column machine set on the lightest weight, handle on the bottom setting.
- Grab the handle while facing the weight stack.
- Stand with feet parallel to each other about hip distance apart.
- Perform a squat sitting up tall with your arm fully extended.
- As you begin to stand from the squat keeping your arm straight, rotate making a big circle with your arm until it comes back to shoulder height.
Perform 2 sets or 8-10 reps/side.
- Keep chest lifted and chin parallel to the floor.
- As always, your abs are engaged.
- Press through your heels.
*This exercise must be performed after you have properly warmed your shoulders up by doing shoulder rolls forward and backwards and shoulder clocks.