This will ABSolutely kick your ASS.
I learned this combo from “the little guy” in Mexico who taught the abs class at the gym. Juan and I were crying by the end of each 30 minute set.
Don’t rely on this solely for abs. The exercise needs to be used in the middle of your routine to give your abs a break but still keep them working while you blast out your booty.
- Lay flat on the ground with knees bent and feet flat. Your hands rest by your side.
- Straighten one leg on the ground.
- Flex your foot.
- Pull your navel to your spine.
- Push through your heels to raise your hips up so your body is in a straight line.
- At the same time, bring your straight leg perpendicular to the floor. Make sure to pull with your abs not your hip flexor.
- As your hips reach the top, squeeze your butt.
- Slowly lower your hips and leg down at the same time so they are an inch from the ground. Neither touch.
Repeat 10-15 times on each side. If you have been working legs or cardio on the same day, this is a good way to push those muscles to fatigue.
- Abs are ALWAYS engaged.
- Your leg stays STRAIGHT, and foot is flexed.
- Always push through your heel.