This morning I went into Bella Rinova in Uptown Park because my pores looked huge and congested. The chamomile chistosan mask was the perfect ending to an hour long cleansing, exflotiation, extraction, and much needed massage session . For $95, it’s a great deal!
My skin is clean as a whistle! Other spas I love in Houston for facials: Spa du Village (see Patricia), and ZaSpa at Hotel Zaza (which has the best spa accommodations for if you want to relax and take a steam bath).
For more on keeping clear during the winter check out Casey’s list below.
Winter Skin Care 101 —by Casey (caseyculture)
The weather outside is frightful, but dry, flaky skin is never delightful! Skin just can’t catch a break thanks to frigid temps, harsh winds, low humidity and varying indoor heat. So as the temperature takes a plunge, review the following tips and remedies to treat and soothe parched winter skin.
- Moisture upgrade. Update your daily evening moisturizer to a slightly richer one to deeply hydrate skin overnight. Once a week, throw on an ultra-moisturizing hydration mask for extra TLC.
- Don’t forget your eyes! Hydrating the delicate under-eye area is crucial for looking refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Make a date to exfoliate! Twice a week, polish away dull cells and surface damage to reveal a radiant, glowing complexion.
- Indulge your bod. When waging battle against the cold elements, rich body creams are the perfect nourishing treat from head to toe.
- Moisturize from the inside out! Drinking lots of water is key all year round, but especially during the winter months. Drinking water is the easiest way to keep you body and skin fully hydrated and looking its best.
- Invest in a humidifier. During the winter, air becomes super dry in your home. A humidifier replaces lost moisture back into the atmosphere, protecting and hydrating skin.