The “Stork” Reverse Lunge
“Breaking Down The Workout” — Francesca Meccariello
Often we forget to incorporate balance into our workout. We stand up straight and do one movement. This dynamic exercise is a total body strengthening that revolves around your core (as most stability exercises do).
* Grab a light weight 3-5lbs.
* Stand with your feet together and engage your core.
1. Pull your navel to your spine and lower your arm in front of you as you let your chest descend forward.
2. As you raise your chest, instead of bringing your foot back to the starting position, step back into a lunge.
3. After you land and stabilize, curl the weight and then press it upwards.
4. Bring the weight down and step forward.
NEVER LET YOUR ABS GO, THEY WILL HOLD YOU STEADY!
Do 15 reps on each side, possibly in between your lifting sets.Tweet this!