For some reason, Adrien was craving deviled eggs and suggested (strongly) that I show off my skills and whip some up for him.
After reading the recipe he chose, I saw it wasn’t difficult and was happy to ablige him. But of course, I wasn’t going to let him sip sav blanc while I slaved away. (Fortunately I am one of the only people who can get Adrien to do manual labor.)
I amended the recipe because I was only feeding one little man (Bob hates eggs) and we didn’t have paprika. Plus, since we’re in Mexico, we have to use some local flavor, so I added jalapenos for a little extra kick.
All you need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/6 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot (or onion)
- A little tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno
Throwing it together:
- Boil the eggs and let them cool in cold water
- Combine other ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently crack eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Add all yolk to bowl. Mix and season to taste.
- Drop a dollup in each egg.
- Enjoy with white wine.
Here is his official review.