Before fashion week, I gave you guidelines on how to dress for Fashion Week. One of them was that you should have a piece that defines your outfit. These days, that accessory is shoes. You MUST have killer shoes that will draw attention on the front row (and hopefully they are comfortable). Well, I was wrong. You can survive the discerning eye of the world’s most critical fashionistas if you know how to rock the basics. And because I left my fab footwear at the cobbler in Houston, I was put to the test!
Above are the three accessories that got me through eight days of fashion’s most demanding week (in the US).
- Elizabeth & James suede booties – $595 and worth every penny because they were surprisingly the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn to the tents)
- Karen Zambos Audrey faux python clutch* for $107! – It held EVERYTHING I needed and a BluePrint juice.
- Calvin Klein faux heels – From DSW I bought on a whim
There were a couple others that played a more supportive role that should not be forgotten:
- Chanel classic black tote (Ugh, what a bad picture. But see how they fade into the background of our ensembles)
- Gucci sunglasses (not pictured)that made people think “she’s important.” Not that I really cared, but part of navigating the tents is knowing how to play the game. And yes, it’s as simple as sunglass sometimes.
- Uggs. Because by day 4 there is no question you have to walk to and from the tents in them.
However, more important than accessories, was the amazing support system I had in place to make sure you saw all of the action at the tents LIVE and keep me smiling during the process. At this time, I would like to thank them for their tremendous efforts.
Livestream.com – Otto, Marko, and Deb, you have worked tirelessly to make my vision a reality for two seasons now. And we’re still having fun! (BTW, you can go here to see all of our coverage catalogued by show.)
Marytern - Wow, Sarah! You really came through not only for me, but also for all of the viewers watching our stream. You are intelligent, meticulous, and dedicated beyond your years, and I am fortunate to have you on my team.
Mom – My eternal and selfless support. Thank you for your patience with my crazy lifestyle and often irresponsible nature.
Mercedes Benz – Adam, Jeff, Christine, and yes, you too Greg, keep me sane and even laughing through the chaos. Over the past three years, it has been such a pleasure to get to know you all!
Kodak – It is always such a pleasure to represent the brand and use your products to cover events. I love using the Zi8 Pocket Video Camera* to get every last detail of each design.
Giselle and Katie – My two remote interns that helped put the whole event together.
Amanda Parenti – You curate a great collection of designers I am always honored to wear. Magalis Garcia* (designer of the dress I’m wearing above) is going to be huge if I have anything to say about it.
Bob – For your friendship and support, I am eternally grateful.
GOMI – You guys keep me on my toes and laughing at myself. And in this biz, that’s priceless.
(Full Disclosure: Items with * not purchased. Provided by the brand.)Tweet this!