A reader is making the move from New York to Santa Monica and asked for my thoughts and tips on the area. Here is what I wrote in under a minute:
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE SANTA MONICA!!
Get ready to start loving life!!!
Throw away your jackets.
Things I love off the top of my head (aside from the delicious restaurants you’ll discover):
- Keep the light streaming through your home, don’t close it out with curtains or shades.
- Discover all of the great places to exercise outdoors – the strand, the stairs, hiking Temescal canyon.
- The Farmer’s Market on Main street on Sundays for breakfast and fresh veggies.
- Coffee Bean Sugar Free Vanilla Ultimate Iced Coffee in hand, stroll Montana Avenue and peruse the isles in the cute boutiques.
- Join the Equinox, you’ll LOVE the classes and the members are friendly.
- Don’t be afraid to approach people, they’re actually lovely to chat with if you take the initiative.
- Fashion is comfortable, everywhere is casual, don’t try too hard. Wear bright colors!
- There are a million places to eat healthy and Wild Oats on Montana is sometimes better than Whole Foods for groceries.
- Venture to Abbot Kinney in Venice, every shop and restaurant is so unique.
- Watch the sunset at Casa del Mar in the bar.
- Get a group of friends and sing Karaoke at The Gas Light.
- Blue Print Cleanse should be distributing juices to Exhale Spa soon.
- Ok, I have to mention restaurants! Have lunch at the cafe in Fred Segal, Blue Plate diner, Cafe Montana, The Brentwood Country Mart, Urthe Cafe. For dinner hit up: Cafe Montana, Father’s Office, The Counter, The Ivy, Katsu-ya, Casa del Mar, The Wilshire. I’m missing some, but that’s a good start with the classics.
This should be a good start! Hope it helps!
(Full Disclose: BluePrint Cleanse provides me with free juice. You can get a 15% discount if you use the code MTMBPC at checkout.)Tweet this!