Reader Kristin just wrote saying she couldn’t find my at home workout that “KICKED HER ASS.” Sometimes keeping it simple can be challenging. I believe this is the one she is looking for:
When you can’t make it to the gym but feel the need for speed, you gotta improvise!
Between calls and emails today, there was no way I could escape my desk for more than 30 minutes. If I went to the gym, that would cut my workout down to about 18, and then really what’s the point.
So here’s what I did to get my heart racing today:
- 4 quick laps around the block
- 20 lunges each side, 20 squats, 20 push ups, 50 crunches
- 10 step ups (onto a chair or bench) on each leg
- 40 arm raises*, 20 pulses, 20 full extension
With support from my little cheerleader (Mason), I was able to repeat steps 2-4 2 times quickly.
Off to the shower!
* Arm raises = use something about ten pounds. A light chair will even work. Grabbing the seat on either side, arms bent at 90 degree angle, raise and lower. Pulses = range of motion limited to shoulder height and pushes up about 3 inches. Full extension = push up as high and you can and lower slowly down below your shoulders.