Don’t underestimate the Gulf coast for galas. Sure, we don’t have The Oscars like the West Coast or The Met Ball like the East, but Houstonians consistently throw black tie fundraisers to raise money for good causes. I’m about to begin my ritual to get glammed up. Usually it’s less work than my daily routine. The fabulous Edward Sanchez does my hair and makeup, all I have to put the dress on. But right now I’m waiting to see if he can do it. Otherwise my skills at putting on false lashes will be tested again.
My Nicole Miller dress from Tootsies looks like a what a snake leaves behind after he’s shed his skin. Not the most appealing description, but it looks pretty hot on.
I’m pairing it with two old go-to accessories. The Ranjana Khan necklace you’ve seen a million times and a pair of Nine West jeweled t-strap heels. I lost the ankle straps years ago so I replaced them with ribbons to hold up the front. Surprisingly it works pretty well. Mason doesn’t approve, but he just doesn’t want me to leave the house.
The real story behind big Texas hair. Haha.
Edward is pulling double duty taking on the task of making me over and joining me as my date. I am a very lucky girl!
Can you believe he can do makeup in a tux without getting a spot on his white shirt. Impressive!
I feel like a princess :)
Off To The Ball Head To Toe:
- Ranjana Khan necklace from Saks
- Nicole Miller dress from Tootsies
- Nine West shoes from DSW (yes, I shop there)
- CelebStyle jewelry ring and diamond bracelet desinged by my Mom over a decade ago paired with a diamond bangle (in other words, super simple)
- Hair by me (without a brush!)
- Glam makeup by Edward Sanchez who works at Urban Retreat (but is sweet enough to do my mug for free)