My neighbor just made the most delicious and light fig pizza at the poolside grill.
It’s super simple to make. Here’s what she did:
— Spread Ricotta cheese thinly on wheat crust
— Add chopped resh figs (dried work too) and proscuitto
— Put it on the grill.
—Then add chopped arugula and drizzle honey on the top.
And as for a delicious desert recipe:
Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes?!! Dream come true! I have never seen this combo before, but it looks heavenly. Watch out Sprinkles, this ladyis giving you a run for your money.
The baking blogger also recommends this recipe for chocolate peanut butter cupcakes from Food and Wine.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes (makes 30)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups, plus ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 egg whites
- 1 package of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough (you’ll have extra for a snack!)
- Chocolate chip buttercream frosting (recipe follows)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In an electric mixer using a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture, in three batches, alternating with the milk and ending with the flour. Set batter aside.
- Using the whisk attachment of the mixer, beat the egg whites and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar until the whites form stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into your batter.
- Fill cupcakes 1/3 full with batter. Form the cookie batter into bite-sized balls, approximately 1 Tablespoon in size. Place the cookie dough balls in the cupcakes. Fill the cupcakes with batter, so they are ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cupcakes are slightly browned and springy to the touch. Allow to cool thoroughly and frost.
Chocolate Chip Buttercream Frosting
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 16 oz. confectioner’s sugar (you might need more to make your frosting stiff enough)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
In an electric mixer, beat butter until it is creamy. Add milk and confectioner’s sugar and beat until well combined. By hand, stir in mini chocolate chips.Tweet this!