Delicious Dish – Vegan Blueberry Raspberry Muffins
Don’t these muffins look delicious?!!
For these Blueberry and Raspberry muffins, she’s transformed a Emeril recipe to be vegan. Click here to see the whole post where she tells you her tricks in making normal recipes vegan.
Blueberry Raspberry Muffins
You will need…
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup regular soymilk
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease.
- To make the topping, mix together the first five ingredients in a bowl until crumbly. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix together flaxseeds and water until combined. Add melted margarine. Add soymilk and lemon zest; whisk to combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the berries. Spoon mixture into muffin tins and top with streusel topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.