Delicious Drink: “The yup-this-is-the-beer-lovers-bloody-mary edition.”
For those of you who take your bloody marys seriously, try out this bad boy.
- 12 oz. tomato juice
- Juice of 6 medium limes, fresh-squeezed
- 6–8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Half a small onion
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp. pequín chile powder
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 bottles light Mexican beer
- Tool: blender
- Glass: pint, chilled
- Garnish: chile-salt rim, lime wheel
- Place first five ingredients, along with half a teaspoon of pequín chile powder and half a teaspoon of salt, into a blender and process for 1 minute or until smooth to make michelada mix. Combine remaining chile powder with remaining sea salt.
- Rim four chilled pint glasses with the chile salt and fill with ice. Fill each glass 1/4 full with michelada mix and fill the remainder with beer. Garnish with a lime wheel.