Brothers and sisters, don’t waste your time complaining about one another. If you judge others, you will be judged yourself.
- Find joy in our hardships because they will teach you faith and patience
- We are often confused and tempted to sin
- Justice is not a product of anger
- Don’t judge people based on how they can help you
- Faith and the goodness in your heart is only relevant in your behavior
- We all make mistakes
- Words are powerful, so don’t be haphazard with your tongue
- Live a life of humility that reflects you can’t control how life unfolds
- Wealth leads us to accumulate the material things in life that don’t matter
These are all tenets we know and try to live by, but sometimes we just need to hear them again. The quote about judgement above you probably thought to yourself, “Well, of course I don’t judge others unfairly.” But really put that to yourself, is that entirely true? And if you do decide to disect someone, what’s your purpose in doing so? Is it admirable?
If you read the book of James on your own, you’ll get the greater message that centers around a strong faith in God. But I believe you don’t have to have religion in your life to have a good heart. Your faith is your own. But your actions effect others.
Please don’t read me wrong, I’m far from perfect, and I know that. It’s been hard for me to open this side of myself to you. But I feel like some of you might feel vulnerable in your life too. I’m not saying my thoughts on the Bible should lead you to the light, but one of the passages might strike a cord in you like they do for me.Tweet this!