This recipe has been a favorite of mine for a LONG time. Leslie has been making it since 1969 so this is a true winner. I find it magically defrosts frozen toes after a long winter day!
- 1.5 lb stew meat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup chopped celery (I don’t add this actually)
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup ketchup
How you make it:
- Brown the mean in a pot with the onion.
- Add garlic, soup, water, wine, and seasoning.
- Simmer slowly, covered, for 20-45 min.
- Add celery, potato, carrots, and ketchup
- Continue to simmer covered for 1 hour.