I can only imagine how this melts in your mouth!!! I’m making these bad boys next week, I suggest you do the same.
All you need:
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Grated parmesan for serving (optional) MR NOTE: NOT OPTIONAL
1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/2 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates.
3. Sprinkle the avocado slices with the remaining ½ tsp salt. Dip each slice in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt and a little grated parmesan.Tweet this!