Today’s Foodie Thursday (every week on MTM) has focused a lot on eating clean so I thought I would post a healthy and UNBELIEVABLY delicious treat!
My friend Jennifer makes these bad boys for her husband on demand constantly. He loves them; the recipe uses 3 of the “Healthiest” foods; they are super simple to make. No brainer, right?!
GLUTEN FREE ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter (chunky or creamy)
- 3/4 sucanat or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate (bar of 70% cocoa or greater)
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- Chop up chocolate and stir it in.
- Make little dough balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet (or coat the sheet heavily with spray).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
According to Cooking Light magazine where she got the recipe, each cookie has 8 grams of fat, only 1.5 are saturated and 110 calories. Not bad for a melt-in-your-mouth dollop of heaven.Tweet this!