Everyone has their morning routine and some way to legitimize it. Whether it’s “healthy” or not.
Recently I’ve been STARVING all morning long, no matter how much I eat. Even a full bowl of oatmeal wasn’t enough to keep me full for over an hour.
So I asked around to a couple of nutritionists and trainers and they all came back with the same answer – I was lacking protein.
In order to be satisfied for longer, I should add protein to whatever carbs I’m eating to maintain a normal blood sugar level. Considering that my favorite breakfast is fresh squeezed oj (which apparently has 110 calories per ounce!) and a bowl of pineapple, I can see where the imbalance might arise :)
So here are the easy filling breakfast combos I’ve come up with:
- Pineapple and Mom’s in the Raw granola bar and almonds
- Green juice and almonds
- Sprouted wheat tortilla with chicken or eggs and pico de gallo
- Oatmeal with honey and almond butter
- Greek yogurt and blueberries
- Isagenix protein shake (my mom got me into these)
- 1/2 Ezekiel English Muffin with tomato and egg whites
- 1/2 Ezekiel English muffin with almond butter
- Banana with honey and walnuts
- A whole milk latte – ok, this one probably shouldn’t be on the list :)