I’ve been writing and researching like crazy for upcoming travel articles for the Chronicle.
Obviously I can’t publish what I’ve written here first, but I wanted to give you a few quick tips you can use to save on your summer vacations.
Most of these idears are from Gary Leff of BookYourAward.com. For the nominal fee of $250, he’ll help you use your miles fly around the world first class for less than the price of an economy ticket. He’s been known to book a $23k ticket to Thailand for only 150k miles. That’s impressive!
Here are our suggestions to help you save:
- Don’t use miles to fly domestically.
- See the best deals in travel here!
- Buy one, get one for almost free when you sign up for the Alaskan Airlines Visa, you’ll get a companion ticket to anywhere in the world for $99 without restrictions when you purchase one at full price.
- Track flight fares on Yapta.com.
- Schedule a flight you think you’ll get bumped from to get the airline credit.
- Shop online to earn miles. Find retailers on airline websites.
- Use airline specials. Follow airlines on twitter instead of email subscriptions.
(Photo taken with Hipstamatic in Playa del Carmen)Tweet this!