Whether you’re in the mood for savory or sweet, these midnight snacks will take care of your cravings!
First up: Spicy Pepper Poppers
To make the pepper, just de-seeded bell pepper, stuff it with baby spinach and pieces of Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese (you could use any cheese you have/like, but I like the sharpness of the Dubliner), and then microwavethe whole thing for about two minutes. After cooking, I added crushed red pepper (for the spice), salt, and pepper. The pepper got soft, but still had a little bit of crunch, and the cheese and spinach melted together.
Now for the sweeter side: Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
You’ll need (makes a dozen muffins):
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 C walnut pieces
- 2 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/2 C honey (you could also use maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 3 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well, then fold in walnuts.
- Grease muffin tin well, and fill cups up 3/4 of the way.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
These are sweet, but not too sweet, and super filling because of the almond flour! Definitely a late-night snack that won’t weigh you down.