I love the idea to use rose petals as cupcake decorations. The recipe sounds delicious too!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. rose water*
- 2 1/2 cups small rose petals (organically grown)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. rose water (optional
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 16 muffin cups with liners. Beat butter and sugar with a stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk; beat until well blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- Whisk together jam and rose water to taste in a small bowl. Spread 2 heaping tbsp. batter in each liner. Top with 1 tsp. jam mixture, then another 2 heaping tbsp. batter, carefully spreading it to cover jam.
- Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted toward the edge comes out clean, 25 to 27 minutes. Let cool in pans 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting and decorate with rose petals.
- For the icing: beat cream cheese, butter, rose water, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.