When you finally commit to turning off your smart phone, pick up one of these five books if you haven’t already. People have been raving about them for a while so I’m catching up too!
1. Hunger Games: The futuristic drama depicting a fantastical gladiator game where teens fight to the death is now being converted to a blockbuster trilogy starring Jennifer Lawrence (and my sister Leven!). I’m starting Book 2 now.
2. Rich Boy: The tale of a handsome boy who escaped his Jewish roots in Philly to live a life of grandeur in New York.
3. Shopgirl: Steve Martin captivates your intellect with his elegant characterization of the life of a girl who finds “someone to talk to” in an emotionally-challenged older man.
4. The Ultimate Gift: Reflect on the true value of money as you read a trust fund kid’s journey of self-discovery as he completes tasks to gain to his inheritance. It was made into a movie too.
5. The Paris Wife – A novel about the love shared between Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley, based on love letters they sent back and forth.Tweet this!