Slowly but surely I’m preparing my review of The Enchantment resort and Mii Amo Spa in Sedona, AZ. While I do so, I’m going to keep you more than satisfied with Chef Corey Shoemaker‘s unbelievably fresh and healthy recipes. It’s so rare to have the pleasure of eating dishes that uses spices sparingly to enhance the natural flavor of food instead of mask it. He has mastered this art for every type of cuisine. I tried Thai, Spanish, Japanese, and American dishes.
You’ll love his veggie burgers, I did! And they’re easy to make at home. So much more to come from him. Waiting on a quinoa recipe that will bring you to your knees!
Mii Amo Veggie Burgers
by Chef Corey Shoemaker
Prepare 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes. Shred and chop all of the veggies below as instructed and then begin to cook accordingly.
- 4 Zucchini, shredded
- 4 Yellow squash, shredded
- 4 Carrots, shredded
- 1 C Oyster mushrooms, shredded
- 1 C Shitake mushrooms, shredded
- 1 C Portabella mushrooms, shredded
Roast in oven at 450 until brown. Reduce the heat of the oven to 350.
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Oregano
Saute all ingredients together about 10 minutes.
- ¼ C Parsley, chopped
- ¼ C Quinoa, cooked (1:1 ½)
- ½ C Quaker oats, finely ground
- 6 Egg whites
- Salt & white pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and shape according to desired thickness and shape. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
(Full disclosure: the Enchantment resort provided rates for my visit.)Tweet this!