I’m not sure if I’m the only one who still goes to my grandparent’s house for Thanksgiving, but most people seem to go somewhere. Here are are some of the things I absolutely do not forget when I make the trek 3 hours south to Small Town, Texas that you might not consider taking with you.
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Most people stock their guest bathrooms so we don’t pack these two cleansers. I say take them because you never know what will be in there. Check out 3Floz.com for your brand in a small
- Wireless Hotspot: Wifi is either really good or really bad in most people’s houses. At my grandparents’ house in Woodsboro, they don’t have it at all. I like the Verizon 4G LTE MiFi as an option if it doesn’t come on your phone.
- Nighttime tank and wrap: around this time people still have trouble finding the right indoor temperature. Be prepared for both.
- A bottle of wine: Again, you never know what will be on tap, and if the family gets rowdy, you’ll need something to help you unwind. (Hmm…maybe you should take bourbon instead….)
- Justin’s almond butter in chocolate or maple: Get one plate of dessert and be done with it. Instead of hitting round 2 later that evening, bust open of these to satisfy lingering cravings for more pecan pie. Plus, they’re filling!
- Running shoes: Access to a gym could be limited and I know you don’t want to let yourself go completely. Enjoy a nice jog around the neighborhood. Maybe you’ll throw in some push ups and crunches :)