Just like we update our our diets, routines, and wardrobe to refresh ourselves in the new year, I like to do the same for my home. As much as I hate home decorating, I appreciate a well-constructed room. The finishing-touch accents make me smile. Here are a few ideas that are easy and affordable to execute:
1. Urban Wall Decals (above) – A happy couple in life and business, Paul and Danielle Hardy have created some really cool designs you can easily apply on the walls to make each room unique. Shop their etsy store here.
2. Indoor Greenery (below) – Add color and life with potted indoor trees to brighten up the corners of you room. Click here to see the latest trends I saw in the WSJ. Home Depot always has an affordable selection, but boutique nurseries offer plants with a little more style.
3. Dollar Store Treasures – A testimony of a writer’s adoration and appreciation for more quality products in Dollar Stores was the cover of the Home section of the NYTimes last week. I’ve been a fan for years when shopping for daily glassware and vases.
4. OneKingsLane.com – I wrote about this “Gilt for Designer Furniture” sale site a while ago. So many of you joined instantly so I’m sure you’ve scored some amazing pieces by now. If you’re not a member yet, sign up here to see their deals.
5. New Duvet Cover – Since the bed is the focal point of your bedroom, you can simply change the duvet cover or quilt to breath new life into the room. For great deals, try Tuesday Morning or Macy’s.
Photo from WSJ by Annie SchlechterTweet this!