While I’m cleansing, my energy level is noticably lower and my muscles are weaker. But I don’t give up exercise altogether during the detox.
The key is to listen to your body and don’t push yourself too hard. Also, you need to nourish yourself appropriately.
Here’s what I do to make sure I can exercise without expending all of my energy:
- Limit all exercise to 1 hour.
- Decrease weight and resistance in all activities.
- Incorporate yoga. The breathing, stretching, and compression will help with the detox.
- Nourish yourself before a workout with fresh coconut water (not from the carton) for the electrolytes.
- Nourish yourself after the workout with half of the protein drink in your cleanse (usually cashew milk or a smoothie of some sort). Drink the rest at its designated time slot.
- Schedule a mid-day cat nap if possible.
- Plan to be in bed earlier than usual.
(Btw, this pic is one of a series I’m putting together for you on “Angles and Reps” as a means to tone. Stay tuned!)Tweet this!